If you have just bought your first home, heading out for those lazy, long Sunday brunches may be a thing of the past.
The days of avocado on toast and cold drip coffee slip down the priority list as you spend more time, energy, and investment on your home and mortgage repayments. Congratulations on taking the step and buying somewhere to call home.
Sunday morning breakfast at home can still be something café worthy, so we’ve provided some inspiration with a blueberry pancake recipe that is a definite winner.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter, plus some for frying
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Serving suggestions: whipped cream and maple syrup.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat the eggs with the buttermilk and melted butter. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients into a thick batter.
- Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet and sprinkle the top with some of the blueberries. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and maple syrup.