Coastal living brings warm summer days, sea breezes, and long days spent at the beach relaxing under umbrellas, swimming, and enjoying the summer rays.
The cooler months are also stunningly beautiful when you live in a coastal suburb of Adelaide like Glenelg or Semaphore.
The weather can be a bit blustery at times and the skies a murky bluey-grey colour, but walks on the beach to collect shells with the dogs whilst the storms roll in wrapped up in a jumper and scarf can be calming for the soul.
Being active in the cold weather needs a certain type of refuelling, and we can’t think of anything better than a leg of lamb and some winter veggies. So here is a recipe to warm and soothe the soul.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Roast lamb
- Half a Jap or Butternut pumpkin
- 1 or 2 Onions
- Half a Sweet potato
- 1 or 2 Carrots
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried Rosemary
- Drizzle Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees on fan forced. Prepare roast vegetables by peeling and cutting to desired size.
- Rub lamb with garlic, olive oil, salt/pepper, and rosemary, and place in oven for 30 minutes.
- After the timer has gone off, place roast veggies around lamb and coat in the juices that have come out of the lamb. Season veggies with salt and pepper, garlic, rosemary, put olive oil on them and toss in the pan. Put back in the oven for a further 45 minutes. Turn vegetables after the timer has gone off and reset it for another half an hour.
- Check on the lamb and vegetables and cook for a further 15 minutes if you like them crispy. While cooking put on your peas and beans and start to prepare gravy.
- Remove lamb from oven and place on a plate. Wrap the lamb with some foil to keep warm and let lamb rest for 15 minutes. Take off peas and beans, drain, and place them back in the pot with the lid on to keep warm. Carve rested lamb and place roast vegetables on the plate, pour juices from pan into your gravy pot, mix and heat up your gravy, and then serve all together.
Contact McGrath Real Estate to assist with selling and finding that perfect new home for you.