Is there anything better than a big bowl of delicious spaghetti pasta on a weeknight that is simple, easy to get on the table pronto, and will keep bellies full and the whole family happy?
This super easy, and yummy creamy carbonara recipe is the perfect little pasta for the first week back at work after school holidays and the Easter break.
It’s the kind of comfort food that reminds you that it’s not all bad that holidays are over.
What you’ll need:
- 400g egg Tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 250g pancetta, cut into strips
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300ml pure cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1/3 cup chopped continental parsley
- Cook pasta following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add pancetta and onion. Cook for 8 minutes or until pancetta is golden. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Whisk cream and eggs in a bowl. Stir in parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add pancetta mixture and cream mixture to hot pasta and toss to combine. Stir through the parsley and serve immediately sprinkled with extra parmesan.
Delicious and rich, this decadent pasta dish makes the ultimate occasional indulgence.