Searching for that perfect home, or preparing your home for sale can be a big task, often stressful, and an upheaval for the whole family.
Often looking after ourselves slips down the list of things to do and we stop regular exercise, eating well, and getting restful sleep.
Looking after yourself is key to getting through those more stressful life moments so here is an easy-to-make Autumn recipe that is sure to warm you up inside and out, and keep you fueled all day for packing and/or traipsing around house inspections on the weekends.
What you’ll need:
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, medium thickness
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 9 to 10 ounces fresh green fettuccine noodles
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Snap off the ends of the asparagus where they break naturally and peel the stalks. Cut the asparagus on a slant to pieces about an inch long.
- Steam the asparagus until they are just barely tender and still bright green – about three minutes. Rinse under cold water, drain well on paper towels and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- While the water is coming to a boil, melt the butter in a large heavy skillet. Add the shallots and sauté until soft but not brown. Stir in the cream and simmer about five minutes, until the cream has thickened somewhat.
- Cut the salmon into slivers, add it to the cream and remove the skillet from the heat. Season with pepper and lemon juice. Add the asparagus.
- When the pot of water is boiling, add the fettuccine, stir it once or twice, then cook two to three minutes after the water has returned to a boil. Drain well.
- Briefly, reheat the sauce. Transfer the fettuccine to a warm serving bowl, pour the sauce over it and toss. Sprinkle with dill and serve.
Enjoy this delicious pasta with a glass of Riesling or Rose and house hunt in style from the comfort of your couch. Check out our latest listings HERE.
Contact McGrath Real Estate to assist with selling and finding that perfect new home for you.