As Easter is nearly upon us, you might be thinking about how you are going to keep the kids entertained.
In normal times that can be hard but throw in a global pandemic and all the family under one roof day in day out and it can add to the stress.
Here is our list of simple ideas to keep those young minds occupied this Easter long weekend, while we all try to find a new normal amongst these COVID-19 times.
- Hold an Indoor Treasure Hunt. Or even better an Easter Egg hunt.
- Have an old-fashioned camp out in your backyard or living room.
- Build a Fort with Blankets and Pillows.
- Visit a (virtual) Library. A lot of libraries are offering free online book loans during this time.
- Make a Home Cinema. Cue movie night with popcorn, snacks and movie marathons.
- Tidy Out the Playroom.
- Play Board Games.
- Make Shadow Shapes.
- Egg dyeing can be a great way to keep young minds creative this Easter.
- Make some music. Get all your instruments out and put together a little concert.
- Bake – Spend some time in the kitchen with your family and enjoy this time to create, teach your children new skills and bake something delicious.
- Make a card or write a letter maybe to grandparents that you are self-isolating away from.
- Do some colouring.
- Throw an indoor picnic.
- Hold an indoor scavenger hunt.
- Play dress-ups.
- Make a scrapbook and sort through old photo albums.
- Do some crafts with leftover bottles, ribbons, etc.
- Make sock puppets.
- Make tie-dye clothes. All you need is old clothes, some food colouring and some rubber bands.