One of the best ways to create memories in your own home is being able to spend time baking delicious treats to share with friends and family.
Our absolute favourite warm-weather dessert is a delicious, fruit-filled Pavlova. There’s so much room to be creative with the toppings on these desserts, and they are always a crowd favourite so you’ll be onto a winner with this great recipe.
What you’ll need:
6 egg whites (at room temperature)
Pinch of salt
1 ½ cups of caster sugar
3 tsp. cornflour
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
300ml thickened cream
Seasonal, fresh fruit to serve
- Preheat oven to 150 C. Line a baking tray with some non-stick baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on the paper, place on tray, circle side down.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar, ½ cup at a time, whisking for 1 minute after each addition. Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk on high for 3 minutes.
- Combine cornflour, vinegar and vanilla essence. Add to the meringue and whisk until just combined.
- Use a spatula to spread meringue over the circle, smoothing the surface and sides. Reduce the oven temperature to 120 C. Bake for 1 – 1 ¼ hour until Pavlova dry to touch. Turn off the oven and leave to cool completely.
- Whip cream until thick. Spoon onto Pavlova and decorate with fresh fruit (or other toppings) of your choice. Cut into wedges to serve.
Now, there’s nothing left to do but enjoy the fruits of your labour. This super easy Pavlova recipe will have you wanting more, and your friends wondering how you did it!
Baking desserts, having dinner parties, and being around your friends and family is a big part of what makes a house a home. It’s what makes memories and a place that is special to you and uniquely your own. So, even if cooking is not your strong point, give it a go because memories come from the cooking disasters just as much as from the cooking successes; either way, it’ll be special. Enjoy!